This course provides an advanced technical overview of DWDM and optical networking concepts One of the major issues in the networking industry today is tremendous demand for more and more bandwidth. With the development of optical networks and the use of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technology, a new and probably, a very crucial milestone is being reached in network evolution. In this course we will discuss various advanced concepts that are integral to the development of the All-Optical Network. Various new technologies available in a DWDM system will be introduced. Issues such as Network Design, Network Control and Network Management will also be discussed.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Understand advanced optical communications topics
• Explain advanced DWDM Network Designs and Engineering
• Design and evaluate optical components in a DWDM network
• Learn about the effects of noise in signal propagation, especially from OSNR and BER perspectives
• Design optical amplifier-based links
• Learn how to design optical links based on power budget, dispersion and non-linearties Design optical links based on OSNR
• Classify and design DWDM networks based on size and performance
• Learn how to test and measure different parameters in DWDM networks and optical systems
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for strategic or technical managers, consultants, communications professionals, software engineers, system engineers, Sees, network professionals, marketing and sales professional, IT professionals, and others who plan on using, evaluating or working with DWDM and optical networks applications and services.