This course familiarizes the participants to features and tools to manage the performance of their WiMAX networks. WiMAX network equipment offers a set of performance features such as on-demand bandwidth management. This course begins with a discussion of the WiMAX/802.16 fundamentals and then explains the WiMAX network statistics, configurable network parameters as well as optional features, and shows how these affect each aspect of the WiMAX network performance.
In this 2-Day course, you will study the architecture, features and tools to optimize 802.16/WiMAX networks. You'll become familiar with creating users, logical views, event monitoring and collecting performance data. You'll perform agent updates, config, and backup / restore operations.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• Understand the basic principles of network management
• Describe the configuration parameters available and their impact on WiMAX network operations
• Interpret key WiMAX network performance measurements
Explain how to engineer and dimension the WiMAX channels
• Measure the latency and average throughput in the network
• Describe the Quality of Service (QoS) features of WiMAX
• Implement Quality of Service (QoS) on a WiMAX device
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for a technical audience, primarily those in RF design, engineering and performance organizations. This course is designed for RF engineers and planners and network engineers and planner and nyone else who is interested in using the tools and mechnaisms to maintain and optimize WimAX network.